You have reached this page in error.
We are no longer doing Thermography at this time.
Please check back with us in the future.
We are sorry for any inconvenience.
What is Breast Thermography?
Breast Thermography is a non-invasive screen that uses infrared technology to identify abnormal heat patterns in breast tissue produced by physiologic changes that may be associated with the risk of breast cancer.
Why Use Breast Thermography at Sunlight Natural Health?
Sunlight Natural Health has partnered with First Sense Medical to be the first to bring Maryland the only FDA cleared thermography system.
The Sentinel Breast Scan II is the most advanced, sensitive, and reliable thermography services available anywhere. Unlike Mammography, Thermography offers patients radiation-free screening without compression, contact, or discomfort. It is especially ideal for women who have concerns about breast implants, dense or post-surgery breast tissue, or are on hormone replacement therapy, and for women who are interested in safe, early breast health assessment.
The Sentinel BreastScan II is the only commercially available, FDA cleared, adjunctive screening method that automates a cool air challenge as part of a standardized and reliable tool to detect abnormalities associated with blood flow, an early indicator of cancer growth. This type of screening method allows us to provide our patients with easy-to-read reports and clear recommendations based on objective, quantitative measurements, and validated by expert analysis including an algorithm from over 1 million breast scans.
With 60-85% of women diagnosed with breast cancer having no family history or known risk factors, advanced thermal imaging can provide additional information to better assess risk in women of all ages.
Our goal is to ensure that every woman has access to affordable, non-invasive risk assessment and screening.
Did you know?
- Breast thermography has an average sensitivity and specificity of 90%
- A persistent abnormal thermogram carries with it a 22x higher risk of future breast cancer.
- Extensive clinical trials have shown that breast thermography significantly augments the long term survival rates of its recipients by as much as 61%
- An abnormal thermal breast scan is 10x more significant as a risk indicator for cancer than family history
- Conventional breast cancer risk assessment does not account for physiologic changes in the breast.
- Thermography can identify changes in breast tissue months to years before a growth can ever be seen on mammogram.
- For women under 40, who have dense breast tissue or fibrocystic breast, it is a valuable tool to identify tissue changes that are “inconclusive” on mammogram or ultrasound.
- It is the only screening able to identify “inflammatory breast cancer” which cannot be seen on mammogram.
- In 1982, the FDA approved breast thermography as an adjunct diagnostic breast cancer screening procedure.
- The size of the studies are very large up to 85 thousand participants and studies have followed participants up to 12 years.
- When used as a multimodal approach (clinical exam +mammography+thermography), 95% of early stage cancers will be detected.
About The Sentinel BreastScan II
The Sentinel BreastScan II is the only commercially available, FDA Cleared adjunctive screening method that automates the cool air challenge and is designed specifically to detect abnormalities associated with blood flow. Simple, easy to read reporting, based on objective, quantitative measurements, validated by expert analysis.
- Convenient, non-invasive scan takes less than 5 minutes and detailed reporting is complete within 2-5 days of your scan.
- Appropriate for women with dense breasts and implants